This course will provide a thorough introduction to Quantum Mechanics. The aim of this course is the following:
- Students will have a complete and quantitative understanding of three model problems (the "particle in a box", the quantum harmonic oscillator, and the hydrogen atom).
- Students will be familiar with concepts like wave-particle duality, entanglement, superposition of states, decoherence, and the Uncertainty principle.
- Students will be familiar with Dirac notation, so they will be able to understand the equations in more advanced textbooks or journal papers.
1. To consolidate your learning in year one.
2. To further integrate your English with your academic learning.
3. To provide guided practice in academic learning in the English medium.
4. To build your confidence in your ability to learn through English and engage with new ideas.